1 stick (½ cup) butter, melted, cooled
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup cane sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pastry or all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325°F. Stir together the sugars and melted butter in a medium bowl until mixed well.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir until everything is incorporated and you have a soft, wet dough. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray. Spread the dough evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the edges are lightly browned. Let cool before cutting into squares.