4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 egg + 1 tablespoon milk
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups prepared tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Trim the fat from the thighs and cut each one in half.
- Mix the bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt in a bowl. Whisk together the egg, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken thigh pieces in the egg mixture and then dredge in the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly.
- Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and fry chicken pieces until golden, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side. Remove from pan and place in a greased casserole dish.
- Spread sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with the cheeses. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.