- Nourish your sun-bleached hair. Massage hair with melted oil, cover with a shower cap, and leave in for at least an hour before washing.
- Rub on some coconut oil before going out in the sun. Coconut oil has a natural SPF of 4. (Be sure to still follow safe sun exposure practices.)
- Mix coconut oil with an essential oil such as peppermint or tea tree to repel pesky insects.
- Coconut oil helps reduce itching from those inevitable bug bites.
- Make a body scrub by mixing coconut oil with sugar or salt for a rejuvenating exfoliation.
- Rub on some coconut oil after being out in the sun. Coconut oil is moisturizing and soothing on parched skin.
- Gents, for a healthy, well-conditioned summer beard, massage some coconut oil into your whiskers.
- Keep the kitchen cool and make some No-Bake Coconut Chocolate Squares. See recipe below…
No Bake Chocolate Coconut Squares
1 cup coconut oil, melted
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup agave syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional: 1 teaspoon coconut extract
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Mix melted oil with the coconut, agave syrup, extracts, and salt in a bowl.
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Overlap the edge of the pan with the paper.
- Press mixture into baking pan and refrigerate until solid.
- Melt chocolate and 1 teaspoon coconut oil over low heat in a small sauce pan or in a glass bowl in a microwave oven. Stir until smooth. Spread over coconut.
- Refrigerate until firm. Bring bars to room temperature before cutting. To cut into squares, lift the parchment out of the pan.