If you are passionate about Oryana’s mission and the role it plays in our community, consider running for the Oryana Board of Directors! The Board supports the work of Oryana and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by the General Manager, the Board-GM relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is critical. The Board is made of up 9 Oryana owners and 3 positions will be up for election at the General Ownership Meeting in April 2021. Terms are 3 years and positions are open to all members in good standing as of 30 days prior to the election.
We’re seeking board members who are energetic, willing to learn, and eager to play an active role in guiding the vision for Oryana’s future. Other than being an owner in good standing 30 days prior to the election, there are no required qualifications, but previous experience serving on boards, working with co-ops, financials, business, negotiation, facilitation, and conflict resolution can be beneficial.
Here’s the Scoop:
- Time commitment is between 8 and 20 hours per month
- Board members attend one meeting per month as well as one or more committee meeting(s). (Financial Due Diligence, Member Engagement/Outreach, Board Recruitment/Nomination, and Board Education/Development)
- Oryana follows a policy governance model, so board members represent the membership and not their own personal agenda
- The board is supported with resources for training, as well as a stipend
- Before submitting a nomination, you should familiarize yourself with the board code of conduct agreement which contains useful information and questions for prospective board members. To submit your nomination, please send your contact information (phone, email, home address), a high resolution photo of yourself, and a statement (in the form of a Word document) to [email protected] In your statement, please answer the 5 questions in the Prospective Board Member Packet, limiting your total response to 350 words.
Nominations will run in the Spring newsletter and elections will be held at the General Ownership meeting in April. The deadline for inclusion of nominations in the newsletter is January 31, 2022 but prospective board members can run for a seat at any time leading up to the General Ownership Meeting.