Board election results:
Congratulations to the winners of the Board election, incumbents Kaitlyn Burns and Chris Miller, and newcomer Cy Agley! And thanks also to all the candidates for running in this year’s election.
- Kaitlyn Burns 505
- Chris Miller 475
- Cy Agley 381
- Kim Gallagher 259
- Brittany Wildfong 247
- Alyssa Blaker 241
- Christina Houlberg 74
Gather Around the Table
We want to warmly invite you to the Virtual 2020 Oryana General Ownership Meeting
2020, even only half way through, has offered us many challenges and opportunities. Not just as a co-op, but as a country, and a global community. Sharing community and breaking bread together feels more important than ever. Though we wish we could meet with you in person, we would like to invite you to our first ever Virtual General Ownership Meeting.
Thursday, June 25, 2020
6:00 pm (virtual doors open at 5:30 pm)
Via Zoom Virtual Meeting
For security reasons, an email with login information will be sent to all current Owner email addresses on file. If you do not receive this email by Tuesday, June 23rd, please email [email protected]
Further details on login and attendance policies are below and I invite you to familiarize yourself with those specifics before the meeting, so that you can enjoy it to its fullest. We have also included all of the Required Annual Documents for your review on this page. We will be discussing the Treasurer’s Report and asking for approval of last year’s minutes at the virtual meeting. You will also find pre-recorded candidate statements that will help you get to know our Board Candidates even better!
We look forward to being in cooperation with all of you on the 25th.
Oryana Board President
Oryana General Manager
- 2020 General Ownership Meeting Agenda
- 2019 Treasurer’s Report and Board of Directors Information
- 2019 General Ownership Meeting Minutes, unapproved
- 2020 GOM Slide Presentation
We will be hosting Oryana’s 2020 GOM via Zoom Virtual Meeting. If you are not familiar with the Zoom platform, we invite you to watch a free tutorial of how to join a meeting here https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-meeting.
Before attending, please read our Virtual Meeting Policies below. Due to the experiences some organizations have had with illicit behavior from outside sources, we are doing our best to ensure a safe meeting environment for all of us. Any attendee not abiding by these policies can and may be removed from the meeting.
Before the Meeting
- If you are new to Zoom visit the tutorial page https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-meeting to learn how best to use the service.
- To the best of your ability, find yourself in a quiet place, preferably alone, with minimal background noise. Be aware of the people and items in your background image as they will be visible to other attendees.
- Test your Speakers and Audio prior to entering the meeting to ensure you can fully enjoy the event.
- Instead of your username or initials, identify yourself by changing your display name to your first and last name. Any inappropriate or hurtful language in usernames can be cause for removal from the meeting.
- This meeting will be recorded and shared on our webpage after the event. This will include recording the screens of all the participants, and is indicated by “[red dot] Recording” in the top left of the screen. If you wish not to be visually recorded, you have the option to turn off your video capabilities. If you are unmuted by the host for any reason, your audio will be recorded.
During the Meeting
- Anytime after 5:30 pm on the 25th you may enter the Waiting Room for the General Ownership Meeting. The host will admit guests as they enter the waiting room.
- As at our annual meeting, public input is reserved for a particular portion of the agenda. (Please see below for how to share your Public Input with us.) Know that the host has the ability to disable video and/or audio for anyone in the meeting.
- Vulgar, discriminatory, or hurtful language will not be tolerated in audio, visual, or written form. This may be cause for removal from the meeting.
- Participants, at any time, can send a private message to the host of the meeting.
- While we are not technical experts, we will do all we can to help with any issues you are having!
To Share Public Input
- We will be gathering public input and questions from the email link below or from the Chatbox during the meeting. (To use the Chat function, hover over the bottom of the Zoom window and click the Chat icon. You will only be able to chat the host directly during this meeting.)
- We will select questions to be answered publicly during the meeting. We will do our best to answer as many questions as possible in the time that we have.
- If your question is not answered in the meeting, but you still wish to have a personal response, please share an email address with us so that we can get back to you with an answer. – To share a question or comment prior to the meeting, please email [email protected]
Board Candidate Statements
In tandem with our annual meeting, Oryana holds annual elections for the open seats on its Board of Directors. If you are an Owner in good standing, you may vote either online or at our 10th Street location. If you did not receive an online ballot, but feel you should have, simply email [email protected].
During our Annual Meeting we ask each of our Candidates to share a 2-minute statement about why they are interested in joining the Oryana Board. In lieu of these in-person statements, we have asked each candidate to record their response. Their videos are below.