From Vegetarian Times
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 cups walnuts
1 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1½ cups oat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups rolled oats
1 ½ cups vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Blend walnuts in a food processor 30 seconds, or until ground into a fine meal. Add canola oil, and blend 2 to 3 minutes more, or until mixture has the consistency of natural peanut butter, scraping down sides of food processor occasionally. Transfer to bowl.
- Whisk together brown sugar and ½ cup water in small saucepan, and bring mixture to a boil. Pour brown sugar mixture over ground walnut butter, add vanilla extract, and stir until no lumps remain.
- Whisk together oat flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in separate bowl. Stir oat flour mixture into walnut mixture. Cool 10 minutes. Fold in oats, then chocolate chips.
- Shape cookie dough into 2-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten cookies with bottom of drinking glass dipped in water. Bake 15 minutes, or until cookies begin to brown. Cool 3 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 30 cookies