We don’t know much about sports, but we get REALLY excited about cheese!
Going on right now, March Cheese Madness! Until March 17, fill out your bracket sheet predicting the results of each match-up. Then, starting March 18, sample and vote in-store for the best of our “Savory Sixteen” contenders! The winner of the “Fromage Final” will be announced April 9. The winning bracket wins 1 lb. each of the “Edible Eight” finalists (that’s right; EIGHT POUNDS of cheese)! You’ll also save 15% on all match-up winners throughout the challenge.
How it works
- Pick up official brackets from 3/11 – 3/17. To enter the official bracket contest, entry cards must be picked up in Oryana.
- Complete your bracket, writing in your predicted winners for each match-up.
- Turn in your completed brackets to Oryana by close of the store on Sunday, March 17.
- Brackets will be kept secure and scored by the Marketing Department. Scoring will be done through the method detailed below.
- The Winner will be the highest point getter via the scoring method and will win 1 lb of each of the Edible Eight.
- Winner will be contacted and announced via social media on 4/9.
- In the event of a tie, a drawing will be held by the highest point getters.
The Savory Sixteen:
- Countrywinds Creamery Goat Gouda
- Leelanau Cheese Raclette
- Boss Mouse Cheese Smoked Cheddar
- Idyll Pastures Plain Spread
- Du Haut-Libradois Raclette
- Countrywinds Creamery Chèvre
- Fulvi Pecorino Romano
- Clawson Cotswold w/ Onion and Chives
- Leerdammer Swiss
- Beemster Goat Gouda
- Tillamook Smoked Cheddar
- Castello Plain Havarti
- Tipperary Irish Cheddar
- SMRDLE Red Dragon
- Ilchester Applewood Smoked Cheddar
- Abbey Farms Welsh Cheddar
Round 1: The Savory Sixteen
Game 1: Countrywinds Creamery Goat Gouda vs. Abbey Farms Welsh Cheddar
Game 2: Leerdammer Swiss vs. Clawson Cotswold w/ Onion and Chives
Game 3: Idyll Pastures Plain Spread vs. Tiperrary Irish Cheddar
Game 4: Castello Havarti Plain vs. Du Haut-Libradois Raclette
Game 5: Leelanau Cheese Raclette vs. Ilchester Applewood Smoked Cheddar
Game 6: Beemster Goat Gouda vs. Fulvi Pecorino Romano
Game 7: Boss Mouse Smoked Cheddar vs. SMRDLE Red Dragon
Game 8: Tillamook Smoked Cheddar vs. Countrywinds Creamery Chevre
Round 2: The Edible Eight
Game 9: TBD
Game 10: TBD
Game 11: TBD
Game 12: TBD
Round 3: Terroir Two
Game 13: TBD
Game 14: TBD
Round 4: The Fromage Final
Final Championship 15: TBD