Welcome to our recipe page! These recipes offer easy, nutritious, seasonal, and economically priced meal ideas. Check back often as we add new recipes every week.
From "Feed Four for a Week on $125"
A Sampling of Our Recipes
Apple Sweet Potato Gratin
Best Green Bean Casserole
Bulgur Stuffing with Cranberries and Hazelnuts
Coconut Milk Braised Greens
Roasted Potatoes and Parsnips with Rosemary
Butternut Squash Soup with Goat Cheese Croutons
Chicken Soup with Leek, Tomato, and Roasted Garlic
Mini Crustless Spinach Quiches
Roasted Carrot and Cumin Puree
Chunky Apple Walnut Cake
Crockpot Apple Sauce
Braised Chicken Thighs with Mustard Cream Sauce
4 boneless chicken thighs
2 tablespoons flour
sea salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
sea salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh local tarragon
4 cups broccoli florets
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a cast iron skillet. Cook the thighs about 4 minutes until browned. Flip and cook on other side until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add wine to pan and scrape to remove any browned bits. Add the chicken broth. Stir in the cream, mustard, and turmeric if using, and cook a few minutes. Return the chicken to the pan and continue cooking, allowing the sauce to thicken and thighs to cook through, about 4 more minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, steam the broccoli.
- Add the tarragon to the chicken and stir, coating the thighs with the sauce. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve thighs and broccoli drizzled with sauce.
Acorn Squash With Wild Rice and Venison Stuffing
A hearty, festive dish.
Acorn Squash with Wild Rice Stuffing
Enjoy this hearty, filling vegetarian entree for your holiday meal or as a satisfying side dish.