Recipe by Misaeng Suh Liggett
4 medium sized chicken thighs
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons mirin
1 1/2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 1/2 teaspoons natural cane sugar
- Poke the skin side of chicken thighs with a fork. Season both sides of chicken with sea salt.
- Mix soy sauce, mirin, sherry, and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Heat a cast iron or heavy skillet over medium high heat and add 1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
- Place thighs skin side down and cook about three minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip thighs over and cook for about 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- When the chicken is done reduce heat to low and pour the seasoning mixture over the chicken. Cook for a few minutes to allow the mixture to reduce and get thicker and shinier. When it is almost dry, it is done. Serve warm.