2 cups whole spelt flour
2 tablespoons natural cane sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
clarified butter or ghee
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the spelt flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the milk, melted butter, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until the dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened. Let the batter rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Melt the clarified butter and spoon in the batter 1/4-cupful at a time.
- When you see bubbles begin to form on the cakes, about 2 to 3 minutes, flip the pancake.
- Remove from heat when golden on the bottom. Add more clarified butter to pan as needed. Keep pancakes in a warm oven until ready to serve.