Lake Street Cafe Local
Fresh and Local in the Cafe
Our commitment to local foods extends into our cafe, where we procure fresh produce and other items from our local farmers. Our food is exceptionally fresh and made from the best, mostly organic ingredients. We take advantage of the bounty of our farmers and utilize a number of ingredients from them.
Locally Grown Flavors
- We love kale! Our kale, that we use in our massaged kale salad and in our green smoothies, comes to us from Isadore Farm in Cedar.
- All our sandwiches and wraps feature fresh lettuce from Sweeter Song Farm in Cedar and Forest Garden Organic Farm in Maple City.
- Ingredients vary as the season progresses but currently we are using broccoli, spinach, and radishes from Second Spring Farm in Cedar.
- Our sandwiches and salads feature local chicken from Nature's Acres and cherries from Omena Organics.
- Milk and cream from Shetler's Dairy in Kalkaska is highlighted in our delicious coffee bar drinks.
- Our bread is from Stonehouse and Pleasanton Brick Oven Bakery
- Peanut butter we get from Naturally Nutty
- The best coffee in TC comes from Higher Grounds Trading Co. and Great Northern Roasting Co.
- Grass-fed Beef from Dennett's in Buckley tucked into sandwiches and soups
- Our turkey sandwiches and wraps feature Duerksen's turkey
- Our tea products are produced by Light of Day Organic Teas
- Fresh flowers for the cafe tables from Nancy Curley